For positions beginning July 1, 2024, the application deadline for the Cardiovascular Disease program is August 6, 2023. Application materials to our program are only accepted through Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). UW Cardiology participates in the Medical Subspecialties Match of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), and applicants need to register with the NRMP. Interviews will be held in September and October.
Submit the following documents on ERAS:
- Current copy of your curriculum vitae
- Research Experience
- Personal statement, no more than 300 words to contain the following information only: 1) Type of research you are interested in; 2) Potential mentors at the UW (please see faculty profiles on our website; 3) Any clinical area of special interest; 4) What, beyond basic clinical training, would you like to learn during your fellowship; 5) Long-term career goals; 6) Why you are interested in training in our program in Seattle.
- Official medical school transcript
- Passport style photograph
- Training verification from medical school and residency program
- U.S. Medical Licensing Examination transcripts (steps 1, 2 and 3)
- ECFMG Certificate and Visa Status if applicable*
*Visit this website https://iss.washington.edu/travel-visas/visas/ to see the UW Visa policies
Letters of Recommendation
Make sure your letters are uploaded to ERAS by the August 6, 2022 deadline.
Include letters from:
- Medical school Dean
- Program director at institutions you have held a training position
- Two or three additional letters of recommendation
University of Washington Hiring Policies
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value diversity in our program and encourage applications from underrepresented minorities.
The University of Washington reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in accordance with University policy and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process contact the department at 206-685-1397 or the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264/FAX, or email at email@example.com.
Feel free to visit UW GME for more information on our programs.
Link to University of Washington Equal Opportunity Employment Information:
Email Cardiology Fellowship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.685.1397 for more information.